Wednesday, December 14, 2005

What's worse? Slivers or Shots.

I pulled a small sliver from my pinky finger today. It reminded me briefly of a framing injury I had in the winter of '97. I was living in Kalamazoo and worked at a shop named Frames and Things. Great place to work.

Anyways, I was trimming some printed charts for Stryker Industries. I was using a very large straight edge ruler, and a very fresh, sharp razor blade. Well, somewhere along the way my left thumb got in the way as I was making a straight pass cutting thru this chart. It all happened so fast and didn't really feel anything until I saw the blood... I remember cursing and apologized to Nellie (my boss) for swearing. I held my hand over the garbage until she got me a rag to wrap around my finger. I needed to get a tetanis shot, just in case, ya know? So, Nellie drove me to her doctor where they bandaged me up real tightly and gave me a shot.

I still have the scar on my thumb, which doesn't look as scary as the story was.

No comments: